Friday, November 02, 2007

Salon

Mimi's Salon
Gauche on Watercolour paper (11 x 8.5 inches)

Not as clean as I wanted but since I'm working very small for an animation background that can't be helped.. Brush sizes only go so small you know.


Update Nov. 4

I'm not too happy with the character colours but didn't want to spend so much time on it.
This is the line work I painted over.

Lol man.. I just realized.. Those characters are huge compare to the door... and the whole room. this is an oversight indeed. Well, lesson learned... the hard way.

2 comments:

  1. Damn cute background! :D
    And the lighting feels so natural. I have the hardest time drawing backgrounds, but you seem to have a knack for it 8)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments, dude! I don't think we've formally met, but I've seen your stuff when I've been over visiting Debbie's desk, and you've got crazy talent. Love your layouts and character designs (the nun is AWESOME).

    ReplyDelete